The Nation’s Foremost Health Industry Leaders, Researchers, Entrepreneurs and Other Innovators Gather to Explore and Activate New Ideas in Health and Wellness at the 2016 Lake Nona Impact Forum
Next week, 250 of the nation’s top CEOs, health care entrepreneurs and innovators, government officials and other thought leaders will discuss and develop solutions to improve health, wellness and sustainable living throughout the world during a series of collaborative, action-oriented discussions about the impact of healthy community innovation; sports health and performance; progress and challenges in advancing mental health care; and promising health care technologies and start-ups, among other topics at the 2016 Lake Nona Impact Forum held Feb. 24-26 in Lake Nona, Orlando.
The three-day symposium, developed by the Lake Nona Institute, is an invitation-only event inspired by the Aspen Institute, TED Conferences and the Clinton Global Initiative platforms. The event is set in Lake Nona, an 11-square-mile integrated, master designed community in Orlando, home to one of the fastest-growing life sciences clusters in the nation and a model for the design of a comprehensive, healthy community that is the current focus of a longitudinal study by Johnson & Johnson Health & Wellness known as the Lake Nona Life Project.
Health care is at a historic time of change. By convening these partners and friends – a diverse array of thought leaders and change agents – in an intimate environment, the Lake Nona Institute aims to put innovative thought into action that improves health, wellness and sustainable living at home and around the globe.
Lake Nona is a living lab for medical innovation and health care transformation.
This year’s presentations and conversations will be led by some of the nation’s foremost health and wellness leaders, including keynote speaker Sandi Peterson, Group Worldwide Chairman of Johnson & Johnson, who will talk about efforts to transform health care using technology and design-thinking to create breakthrough solutions for patients, consumers and providers. In addition, the Impact Forum will feature three “lightning sessions” in which panelists will debate how to realize impact related to connecting healthy communities; disruptive thinking and design; future innovation ecosystems; partnering for speed and impact; and sports, health and performance.
Speakers and panelists include:
- Jeff Arnold, Chairman and CEO of Sharecare
- Dan Buettner, best-selling Author of “The Blue Zones Solution: Eating and Living Like the World’s Healthiest People”
- Deepak Chopra, MD, FACP, Founder of The Chopra Center for Wellbeing
- Esther Dyson, Founder of HICCup and Chairman of EDventure Holdings
- Pat Geraghty, Chairman and CEO GuideWell and Florida Blue
- Brian Hainline, MD, first Chief Medical Officer of the NCAA
- Patrick J. Kennedy, Co-founder of One Mind for Research, Founder of the Kennedy Forum, and former member of the U.S. House of Representatives
- Mehmood Khan, MD, Vice Chairman and Chief Scientific Officer of Global Research and Development of PepsiCo
- Billie Jean King, former World No. 1 professional tennis player and winner of 39 Grand Slam titles; Founder of the Billie Jean King Leadership Initiative, and Co-founder of World Team Tennis
- Steve Krein, Co-founder and CEO of StartUp Health
- Patrick McEnroe, former professional tennis player and former captain of the United States Davis Cup Team
- Dean Ornish, MD, President and Founder of the Preventive Medicine Research Institute
- John C. Reed, MD, PhD, Head of Pharma Research & Early Development at Roche
- Paul Scialla, Founder and CEO of Delos
- David Shulkin, MD, Under Secretary of Health for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Muffy Walker, Co-founder and Chairman of the International Bipolar Foundation
To help develop innovative solutions to challenges in achieving optimum health and related technology, the 2016 Lake Nona Impact Forum is hosted at the health and life science cluster of Lake Nona Medical City; venues include the University of Central Florida College of Medicine, Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute at Lake Nona, Nemours Children’s Hospital, the University of Florida Research & Academic Center, and the new GuideWell Innovation Center.
The 2016 Lake Nona Impact Forum is presented by Johnson & Johnson, along with Founding Sponsors: Cisco, Edyth Bush Charitable Foundation, GuideWell, Sharecare, Tavistock Foundation; Medical City Partners: Nemours Children’s Health System, Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute, University of Central Florida College of Medicine, UF Health; and Contributing Sponsors: Dr. Phillips Charities, Insurance Office of America, Integrated Wellness Partners, Orlando Health, PepsiCo, Roche, Technogym, and the United States Tennis Association.
To learn more about the Lake Nona Impact Forum and the Lake Nona Institute, visit www.LakeNonaImpactForum.org and www.LakeNonaInstitute.org. Follow us on Twitter at @LN_ Institute and at Facebook.com/LakeNonaInstitute. You can also join the conversation online using the hashtag #LNIF16.